Since the edge of the chain saw
chain is very sharp, in order to ensure that, be sure to wear thick protective gloves during installation, and follow the following 7 steps to correctly install the chain saw guide plate and chain.
1. Pull back the front baffle of the chainsaw, make sure the brake is released.
2. Loosen and remove the two M8 nuts, and remove the right side cover of the chainsaw.
3. First install the chain saw guide on the main unit, then install the chain of the chain saw on the sprocket and the guide groove of the guide, and pay attention to the direction of the chain saw teeth.
4. For the tensioning screw located on the outside of the right cover, refer to the blue line above, and align the tensioning pin with the pin hole of the guide plate.
5. Install the right side cover of the chain saw to the main unit, and also refer to the blue line to make the front baffle pin the box pin hole, and then slightly tighten the two M8 nuts.
6. Lift the guide plate with the left hand, turn the tensioning screw rightward with a screwdriver in the right hand, adjust the tightness of the chain appropriately, and check the tension of the chain by hand. When the strength of the hand reaches 15-20N, the distance between the chain and the guide plate is about 2mm.
7. Tighten the two M8 nuts, then turn the chain with both hands (put on gloves), and check that the chain drive is smooth and the adjustment is completed; if it is not smooth, first check the cause, and then re-adjust in the above order.